• From the website: “CompassPoint Nonprofit Services is a consulting, research, and training organization providing nonprofits with management tools, strategies, and resources to lead change in their communities. With offices in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, we work with community-based nonprofits in executive transition, planning, boards of directors, finance systems and business planning, fundraising, and technology.”
• There’s lots of great information here. I like the bookstore.
• Contains archives of the Board Café newsletter - “The newsletter for nonprofit boards. Short enough to read over a cup of coffee.™” Board Café is now a regular column on the Blue Avocado website.
The Bridgespan Group: www.bridgespan.org
From the website: “Founded in 2000, the Bridgespan Group is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps nonprofit and philanthropic leaders in the hard work of developing strategies and building organizations that inspire and accelerate social change…..Mission: We work to build a better world by strengthening the ability of nonprofit organizations to achieve breakthrough results in addressing society’s most important challenges and opportunities.”
• A nonprofit service organization that has served twice as a Harvard Business School case study. There is a great deal of useful information here.
The Gilbert Center: www.gilbert.org
• From the website: “The Gilbert Center is an incubator, research institute, consulting firm, and publishing house working to support and empower the people and organizations who are changing the world for the better. The expertise of the founder, Michael Gilbert, and company lie primarily in the area of communication, whether for internal organizational health and renewal, for successful outreach to members, funders or the public, or for the dramatic opportunities presented by online communication”.
• I often find the Nonprofit Online News particularly useful.
Two Books by Kathy Sprinkel Grace:
Fundraising Mistakes that Bedevil All Boards, Emerson & Church, 2003
Over Goal! What You Must Know to Excel at Fundraising Today, Emerson & Church, 2004